When Lightning Comes in a Jar
Patricia Polacco
Penguin Group
Copyright 2002
Pages: 40
Reading Level: 6-10
Genre: Realistic fiction
Summary:
Trisha can barely wait for her family to come for the family reunion, it reminds her of the reunions of the past. One year Gramma told her that they were going to catch lightning in a jar, but they had to wait for evening to fall. The day was full of excitement and games, including baseball, cricket, and sack races. Grandpa would call for everyone to be measured against the cow shed. Gramma and the aunties would tell stories then that night Gramma showed them how to catch lightning in a jar, with lightning-bugs. That was a long time ago and now Trisha is a gramma and she is looking forward to showing her grandkids how to catch lightning bugs
Recommendations and Conflicts:
I would recommend this book to kids who like fireflies. I don't see conflicts in this book.
Reaction:
I enjoyed this book, but was thrown off by the change of Trisha's age.

No comments:
Post a Comment