Barack Obama

Barack Obama
Marlene Targ Brill
Millbrook Press
2006
Pages: 48
Reading Level:10+
Genre: Non-Fiction, Biography
Summary:
This is Barack Obama's story before he ran for President. He got his name from Kenya, but his accent from Kansas. He was born in Hawaii and moved to Indonesia with his mother and step dad in 1967. A few years later, he moved back to Hawaii and enrolled in school. In 79, he went to California for school, and later switched to New York. He went to Harvard in 88 and was the first black president of Harvard Law Review. He married his wife in 1991 then joined a Chicago law firm. In 1996, he won the election of Illinois state senator. In 2004, he was elected US Senator from Illinois, becoming the fifth African American in History to join the Senate.
Recommendations and Conflicts:
I would recommend this book to people who have no idea what Obama's background is. The conflict I see is that this might brainwash children into thinking that Obama has no faults.
Reaction:
This concerned me because it is such a well written book that children may think that Obama is a perfect person. I did like that I got a chance to understand what Obama's background is.

No comments:

Post a Comment