The Stray Dog

The Stray Dog
Marc Simont
HarperCollins Publishers
Copyright 2003
Pages: 32
Reading level: 4-8 years
Genre: Non-Fiction
Summary:
A family meets a dog in the park while on a picnic one Saturday. They play with the dog, feed him, and named him Willy. When they went home, the kids asked if they could bring Willy home with them, but their parents said that somebody would be missing Willy and want him home again. So they left Willy in the park and thought about him all week. The next Saturday, the whole family went to the park to find Willy and found that the dog catcher was looking for him too. They saved him from the dogcatcher and brought him home and made him part of their family.
Recommendations and Conflicts:
I would recommend this book to children who like dogs and good stories and pictures. A possible concern is when they wash willy, the two kids are taking baths as well.
Reaction:
I really liked this book, it had great pictures and a great story. I fell in love with this dog and his new family.

No comments:

Post a Comment