Frog Went A-Courtin'
Retold by John Langstaff
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Trade & Reference Publis
copyright 1972
32 pages
Reading Level: 4-8 years
Genre: Nursery Rhyme
Summary:
Frog and Mouse want to get married. Uncle Rat gives his consent after he hears what their plans are for the wedding. Guests come one by one to help set up and celebrate their weadding until the end, when the old tom cat decides to break up the festivities.
Recomendations and Conflicts:
I would recomend this book to parents who want a good book to read to their kids before bed and to beginning readers. I found no potential problems in this book.
Reaction:
This is a cute story that can be read or sung to kids. The pictures go along with the words. Every other two page layout is full of color, while the other half are in green, black and white. There is enough detail in the pictures that I could talk with my students about what is going on in the pictures, but not so much that it is overwhelming.

No comments:
Post a Comment