Crash! Bang! Boom!
Peter Spier
Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday
Copyright 1972
Pages: 44
Reading Level: 5-12 years
Genre:
Summary:
This book is full of onomatopoeias. There isn't a storyline that goes through the whole book. It is full of the sounds that you hear everyday and don't think about. It has the sounds of nature with thunder, tornadoes, wind, waterfalls, volcanoes. It has sounds from various jobs; blacksmith's hammer, a cash register, gardener's work, barber's, doctors, dentist, butcher, and it goes on. It even has colonial type war with guns and cannons.
Recommendations and Conflicts:
I recommend this book to anyone who likes sounds. When I saw what it was about, I got very excited because I don't know how to write sounds, but that is what this book is all about. I do not see any potential problems in this book.
Reaction:
I loved this book. Even though there is no plot to follow through out the book, each page has a story to tell with pictures and sounds. It makes you think about what sounds would come from what and how they would be made.

No comments:
Post a Comment