Love That DogSharon Creech
Harper Collins Publishers
Copyright 2003
Pages: 112
Reading Level: 8-12 years
Genre: Poetry
Summary:
This is the diary of a young boy who is assigned to write poetry and he doesn't want to. It shows his progression from this isn't poetry to yea you can put my name on that poem. Jack's yellow dog died in a hit and run with a blue car, and he writes a poem about it after reading the poem about the blue car. Every poem that the teacher puts on the board of Jack's, he asks her to put it up on yellow paper. His teacher reads Walter Dean Myers poems and he asks Mr Myers to come to their class, and he does come. Jack wrote a poem based off Myers poem Love That Boy and called it Love That Dog.
Recommendations and Conflict:
I recommend this book to all fourth grade classrooms. The conflict I see in this book is that Jack's dog died.
Reactions:
I enjoyed this book, it is a good example of a guy writing poems and they are good. I enjoyed the blue printing and how Jack liked yellow.
No comments:
Post a Comment