Children Just Like MeAnabel Kindersley and Barnabas Kindersley
Dorling Kindersley Publishing, Incorporated
Copyright 1995
Pages: 80
Reading Level: 9-12 years
Genre: Juvenile Nonficion
Summary:
This book tells the stories of children from five different continents and show their differences and similarities. It tells of the day to day lives of these children with out judgment and with out saying "this is how it should be." Uniceff sent a teacher and a photographer to meet all of these children and to learn from them. We can all learn from this book about not judging others simply because they look different. Some of the biggest differences in the lives of these children were between children living in the United States.
Recommendations and Conflict:
I would recommend for this book to be in every elementary classroom. I do not see any conflicts in this book because of how it was written
Reactions:
I really enjoyed reading about the lives of so many different children and seeing how much their lives were similar.
No comments:
Post a Comment